The World Rugby Awards 2020 will be held in a unique virtual format on Monday, 7 December, acknowledging the impact of the current pandemic on rugby activities worldwide.
Rugby’s heroes of Covid-19
Instead of awarding the best of rugby on the field over the past calendar year, this year’s special edition will focus the spotlight on members of the rugby family that showcased great solidarity during the Covid-19 pandemic, supporting their communities and getting involved in relief efforts. READ MORE
Celebrating a decade of international rugby - FAN VOTE!
The annual celebration will also look back at a decade of international rugby and recognise in eight new categories teams and individuals that made a tremendous impact on our sport.
To involve rugby fans in these unique recognitions, winners in six categories will be decided by an online vote open to rugby followers worldwide.
The remaining two categories will be voted by the World Rugby Awards panel, a stellar team of rugby legends that historically choose the World Rugby Awards winners.
Special Edition Awards categories 2020
- Men’s 15s Player of the Decade in association with Tudor
- Women’s 15s Player of the Decade in association with Tudor
- Men’s Sevens Player of the Decade in association with HSBC
- Women’s Sevens Player of the Decade in association with HSBC
- IRP Men’s 15s Try of the Decade
- IRP Women’s 15s Try of the Decade World Rugby Awards
- Men’s 15s Team of the Decade
- Women’s 15s Team of the Decade
The event will be co-hosted by former England international Maggie Alphonsi and rugby presenter Alex Payne on Monday, 7 December.
Live coverage The show will be made available for free to rugby fans globally via World Rugby digital channels.
Currently No Videos Available