The World Rugby Research Unit coordinates all player welfare research projects conducted by World Rugby. The Unit’s role in managing research projects extends to developing project plans for ethics approval, collecting and analysing data, and sharing study findings. The unit will also monitor progress and consider findings from funded projects conducted on behalf of World Rugby.
Through its role in managing the progress of player welfare projects, the Research Unit plays an important role in World Rugby’s player welfare research strategy.
Group members currently include:
- Éanna Falvey, Chief Medical Officer
- Ross Tucker, Science and Research Consultant
- Marc Douglas, Research, Turf, & Equipment Manager
- Ben Hester, Player Welfare Analyst
- Mike Hislop, Technical Services Researcher