Strategies to reduce injuries in rugby broadly fall into the following categories:
- Ensuring players, coaches, and referees adhere to the playing laws and follow best practice
- Ensuring regulations are met, specifically that equipment and playing surfaces adhere to performance requirements.
- Ensuring players are properly prepared for the demands of playing rugby
This section is under development and will provide links to various published examples of strategies used by World Rugby to minimise injury risk across the game:
- Adhering to the playing laws / best practice
- Meeting equipment / playing surface regulations
- Preparing players for demands of rugby