World Rugby understands the many different impacts and challenges the global rugby family is experiencing as a result of the current Covid-19 pandemic. We wish to assist as best we can to help all the athletes, coaches, followers, officials, administrators and volunteers across our membership identify and address those challenges.
In addition to a range of practical medical guidance and financial support initiatives that have already been communicated to member unions and regional associations, World Rugby is working to assist its membership with the provision of expertise and sharing of knowledge to help our various stakeholders and their communities get back to business.
A survey of the membership in June 2020 identified a range of priority areas where support was required. As a first step, relevant information and resources from World Rugby, member unions and third parties* are presented below under the headings as prioritised by survey respondents.
World Rugby is grateful to all those who responded to the survey and in particular those who have made their resources available for others in the spirit of rugby, sport and community solidarity. Further resources will be added while specific resources will be prepared to address other relevant areas as requested by the membership.
Return to Training/Play - Community & High Performance
- Awareness for Coaches and Players regarding Covid-19 - Online course in multiple languages
- Awareness for Administrators regarding Covid-19 - Online course in multiple languages
- World Rugby Return to Play Guidelines - Guidelines in multiple languages
- Template Documents incl. Covid-19 Symptom Checklist, Pro14 Draft Guidelines, Personnel List, Pitch Side Emergency Care and Personal Protective Equipment etc. - Guidelines in multiple languages
- World Rugby Updates, Member Union Models of Good Practice and Supplementary Documents - Information in multiple languages
- Optional and Temporary Law Trials to mitigate risk of transmission of Covid-19 - Guidelines in multiple languages
- Anti-Doping Guidelines - Guidelines in multiple languages
- Managing Concussion modules - Online Course in multiple languages
- RugbyReady - Online Course in multiple languages
- Coaching - Online Course in multiple languages
- Conditioning for Rugby - Online Course in multiple languages
- Officiating - Online Course in multiple languages
- Law Education - Online Course in multiple languages
- Impact of Covid-19 on Sport - SIGA-Soccerex Webinars in English
- First Aid in Rugby module - Online Course in multiple languages
- Immediate Care in Rugby modules - Online Course in multiple languages
- Covid-19 Safety Guidelines poster - Toolkit/Template in multiple languages
- IOC Athlete 365 - Athlete-relevant resources in multiple languages
- Return to Play video (Rugby Americas North) - English
- Policy Analysis Tool for Community Sport and Sport for Development in Response to COVID-19 (Commonwealth Secretariat) - Guidelines in En
Staff Wellbeing and Safe Working Environment
Marketing and Communications
If you require further information, please contact the World Rugby Regional Partnership Manager for your region:
Rugby Afrique/Africa: email@example.com
Asia Rugby: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rugby Americas North: email@example.com
Rugby Europe: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oceania Rugby: email@example.com
Sudamerica Rugby: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Disclaimer: Although World Rugby has taken reasonable care to ensure that the information and data on this site is accurate at the time of publication, these are for general information purposes only and no representation or guarantee (including liability towards third parties), expressed or implied, is made as to accuracy, reliability or completeness. World Rugby is not responsible for the content of external internet sites that link to this site or which are linked from it.