January 2023 will reach another milestone on the road to Rugby World Cup 2023 with the opening of the official ticketing resale platform (available on tickets.rugbyworldcup.com), which will allow fans from all around the world to buy and resale tickets safely and securely.
TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE STARTING 24 JANUARY
With less than one year to go before the start of the tournament, the official resale platform will allow further flexibility for fans. Starting on 12 January, people with tickets purchased during the 2021 and 2022 sales phases will be able to place tickets they no longer require on the official resale platform. Tickets will be resold at fixed prices depending on the match and the category (see price grid). These tickets will be available for purchase to all fans worldwide starting 24 January, with individual buyers permitted to purchase a maximum of six tickets.
- The reseller will be refunded the individual match ticket price (see price grid). The refund will take place by France 2023 via bank transfer within two months after the ticket has been sold.
- All tickets purchased in packs will be sold as individual match tickets.
- If a reseller wishes to sell more than six tickets for the same match (bought through different sales phases), they can do so by creating two different resale posts.
- An individual buyer can purchase a maximum of six tickets in total on the official resale platform from 24 January, 2023.
- A 10 per cent handling fee will be applied (for the buyer) on the overall price to cover the secure transfer of the ticket(s) from seller to buyer.
Fans will also be able to donate to Rugby au Coeur, Rugby World Cup 2023’s Official Charity, supporting meaningful projects around rugby, centred around education, inclusivity and health/disabilities.
AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT - BUY OFFICIAL
France 2023 reaffirms its determination to fight unofficial practices and prices, often witnessed on secondary market websites or social media, which are all under close surveillance. Fans are reminded that tickets bought or sold on unofficial platforms do not guarantee access to Rugby World Cup 2023 venues and that all associated orders will be made void.
Purchasing tickets via the official resale platform or through the official ticketing website will ensure the validity of the ticket and the legality of the transaction.
France 2023 Chairman, Jacques Rivoal said: “Following the unprecedented demand for Rugby World 2023 tickets during our 2021 and 2022 sales phases, we are delighted to offer fans this simple and secure ticketing resale platform. We believe this additional service provided by the France 2023 Organising Committee will be appreciated by both ticketholders having change of plans and fans still looking to obtain official tickets through a secure platform. With nine months to go before the start of the tournament, we remain determined in making Rugby World Cup 2023 an event accessible to all.”
World Rugby Chairman Sir Bill Beaumont added: “The launch of the official resale platform is another important milestone on our journey to Rugby World Cup 2023. The aim of this initiative is to enable fans that can no longer attend a match they have purchased to resell those tickets through a safe, transparent, and authorised system. We are convinced that this service will provide more flexibility and security to rugby enthusiasts in the host country and abroad, making their RWC experience in France next year the best it can be.”