What’s the aim of the game?
Predict the results and margin of victory for every game in the HSBC World Rugby Sevens Series 2019 to score points and top the league table. The Capgemini artificial intelligence BOT assesses the historical data relating to the team heads-to-heads to predict the outcome. Do you think you can you do better? There are no prizes on this occasion, just the fun and pride of ‘Beating the Bot!
How do I play the Match Predictor?
The Match Predictor game is available for both the men’s and women’s HSBC World Rugby Sevens Series. You can participate in one or both games competing in the leagues based on the team you support and your age range.
How do I score points?
For every game you predict the score and the winning margin, you could potentially score points
- 5 points for selecting the correct winner for a given game
- 20 points for guessing the score correctly
- Then additional points for getting close to the score margin
- 1 point away from exact score = 10 points
- 2 points away from exact score = 9 points
- 3 points away from exact score = 8 points
- 4 points away from exact score = 7 points
- 5 points away from exact score = 6 points
- 6 points away from exact score = 5 points
- 7 points away from exact score = 4 points
- 8 points away from exact score = 3 points
- 9 points away from exact score = 2 points
- 10 points away from exact score = 1 point
- Predict Tournament Winner: 50 points
The winners will be the person who tops the leaderboards with the most points at the end of the men’s and women’s HSBC Sevens Series.
When do I need to submit my predictions by?
The deadline for submitting your predictions for each game is 30 seconds in advance of each match kicking off as determined by the match schedule on the HSBC World Rugby Sevens Series website.
How many matches are there, and do I have to predict all of them throughout the whole series?
The line-ups for the knockout phases of each tournament are not known until the pool stages have been played. While we want you to have fun, its going to be a marathon to predict all games of all tournaments across the whole of the 2019 series, so play as much or as little as you like. The fun is in beating the BOT, playing against friends and enjoying the rugby!